A member of Aerodyne’s compact and high-efficiency dust collection equipment series.
The Aerodyne GPC Cyclone Dust Collector represents an improvement over conventional high-efficiency cyclones. Unlike conventional cyclones, the GPC Dust Collector does not require a long, tapered body for effective dust separation. The unique design provides a high-efficiency, compact unit that is available in horizontal or vertical configurations. This compact cyclone dust collector is ideal for facilities with limited floor space or limited overhead clearance.
- Pre-filter for baghouses & fabric filters
- Increases removal efficiencies
- Increases bag & filter life
- Horizontal or vertical configurations
- High efficiency dust collection equipment
- Compact design ideal for limited space
- 6 sizes available less than 8 cubic feet (NFPA 654)
- Compact enough to use on mobile units
- Custom designs available
- Easy Clean designs for food, pharmaceutical, pigments design
- Less obtrusive explosion vent location
- Limited sizes are also available in our Dust Hound Series for most economical option
How a Ground-Plate Cyclone Dust Collector Works
The Aerodyne GPC Dust Collector operates differently. A sloped spiral inlet directs the dirty gas stream toward a fixed ground plate and hopper of the dust collector. The ground plate forces vortex reversal to occur in a much shorter space, eliminating the need for a long, tapered body. As the dirty gas stream strikes the ground plate, fine particulate that has not completely made it to the dust collector walls is deflected into the hopper. The ground plate also shields collected particulate from re-entraining during vortex reversal, acting as a barrier between the separation chamber and the collection hopper. This innovative design enables a compact dust collector to operate at high efficiency, even when installed horizontally.
The GPC cyclone is available in sizes ranging from a few hundred CFM to over fifty thousand CFM. Of these, the six smallest units (~2,000 CFM Max) have internal volumes less than 8ft3. Which in some instances, can be installed indoors on explosive applications, with limited explosion protection devices per NFPA 654.
GPC Models Available:
Larger cyclones are available for special applications.
- Specialty Products
- US Pharmaceutical
- Ceramics Manufacturing
- Compact Cyclone in Tablet Dust Reclamation
- Supply Ship
- Underground Potash
- Agricultural processor
- Top 5 Reasons to Use a Cyclone as a Pre-Filter
- Top 5 Applications Where Standard Dust Collectors Fail
- Dust Collection Facts
- 4½ Benefits of Using Cyclones in Pharmaceutical Clean Rooms
- Compact Cyclone Key Component in Tablet Dust Reclamation
- Not Your Grandfather’s Cyclone
- Horizontal GPC Cyclone Infographic
- Dust Collection System Evaluation Guide