Is Your Dust Collector System Working Properly?
Find out by scheduling an Aerodyne Dust Collector System Assessment
Aerodyne offers system evaluations which are ideal precursors to Dust Hazard Analysis (DHAs). These assessments will provide answers to questions such as:
- Am I getting enough airflow through my system?
- Why is the pressure drop in my system so high?
- How do I increase the airflow in my system?
- Are my hoods/pickup points designed correctly?
- How do I extend my filter life?
- Am I prepared to have a Dust Hazard Analysis?
- What changes do I need to make to my system with my process change?
The system assessment may lead to an increase the efficiency of your dust collection system, decrease maintenance, prolong equipment life, or improve compliance.
- System Analysis
- Review your system and make recommendations on increasing efficiency and operation
- This analysis is done at Aerodyne. You submit the equipment information and we review it to see if you have the proper equipment. This is ideal for applications where you are looking to install used equipment and want to see if it will work for your application.
- Aerodyne will provide suggestion and recommendations of equipment required:
- Safety equipment to comply with NFPAs
- Hood and ductwork designs
- Controls and instrumentation
- List of things to be done before you schedule your DHA.
- Dust Safety and Collection Assessment
- Includes site visit
- Walking of the system to review the operation of the systems
- Measuring of airflow (if needed) in the system
- Observing the pressure drops in the system
- Review of the ductwork, equipment location etc.
- Collect data on
- Pickup points
- Dust collection equipment
- Exhaust fan
- Safety equipment (explosion vents, isolation valves, etc.)
- Additional equipment
- Observe the surrounds with an eye to requirements to comply with NFPA specifications.
- Report includes:
- Recommendations to improve productivity, maintenance, and operation
- Suggestion on changes required to comply with NFPA
Reasons to Schedule an Assessment
To improve efficiency and safety, there is no substitute for an on-site inspection by an experienced expert.
- Assess safety compliance
- Prepare for a Dust Hazard Analysis
- Review system pressure, airflow, etc.
- Point equipment inspection
- Efficiency recommendations
Is an on-site assessment really what you need? Call or email an Aerodyne Engineer to get started! Start with a free phone consultation.